Massage therapy can play an important role in your health regimen. See what the research says about massage for health and wellness.
- Reduce stress – The longterm effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Massage therapymay relieve stressand conditions associated with it, such as tension headaches.
- Get better sleep – Research indicatesthat massage can improve sleep in those with lower back pain, fibromaylgia, insomnia, pain and other health conditions.
- Boost mental health and wellness – Research suggeststhat symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (all associated with mental health) may be directly affected with massage therapy.
- Manage pain – Pain can negatively affect a person’s quality of life and impede recovery from illness or injury.Research showsmassage can help low-back pain, headaches, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and more.
- Increase range of motion – Elite and recreational athletes alike canbenefit from massage therapy. Massage can help reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.